Pages

Monday, June 17

Quick Post

I have thought of posting a couple of times and yet so little is happening, I don't have much to say.

We've switched my progesterone.  The endometrin and my skin were not getting a long.  Now I'm taking prometrium, 2 pills 3 times a day.  The down side is that I feel awful for about an hour in the morning.  It's like I get all the crappy parts of being drunk - dizzy, heavy limbs, uncoordinated, tired, etc etc.  The first time I wasn't quite sure I was going to make it to the couch upright.  After 3 days of this, I can feel it starting and lie down.  This is going to make driving to and from work rather challenging. 

Speaking of work, yet another coworker has quit.  So I'm back to having 2 clients and being at client offices 5 days a week at least until the end of July.  It has been made clear to the new client this is temporary, I'm not staying.  So, Thursday I start a new adventure of meeting yet another set of people.

Father's Day was a simple dinner.  Just my parents, my brother and us.  My mom had a wisdom tooth pulled and it hasn't healed well, she's still a little fuzzy on medications, we're a good pair.  Sadly dinner ended with my other brother phoning with bad news.  His wife's parents house caught on fire on Saturday night.  2:30 am, their dog woke them up as the flames from their neighbours spread to their house taking out the whole second story.  Everyone is fine, but the fire spread across 3 houses (the house that started the blaze was abandoned because of a fire 3 months ago, bit suspicious, no?).  Those of you in Toronto might have seen it on the news.  So, my thoughts are aimed at my brothers in laws.  Again, they are fine and have family to stay with, we can be thankful for the big things, but so many pictures, mementos and my SIL's wedding dress are gone.  Things like that you can't replace.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the fire in your Brother's inlaws house. :( What a nightmare!! Keeping them in my thoughts and I hope they find the strength and have the support to deal with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a very tight knit family, I know they will have support from their siblings and cousins, both in the GTA and more so in Kingston. I'm just looking at more of the news reports and it's so sad, the other two houses are going to be leveled, the damage is too much.

      Delete
  2. OMG - I did see that on the news and I thought it was very strange that 2 fires happened in the same house within 3 months... I may have seen your brother in law's mother talking about how the dog saved her life. So glad no one was hurt but that's a really rough situation (to put it mildly).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you probably did see her. Some reports spoke to my SIL mom, others to her dad, most have a picture of their dog. Her mom works shift work and apparently came home late. They both fell asleep watching television, the dog started barking and they left the house. It's why they aren't in their pj's at 2 in the morning. My parents drove over today, Mom said you can see right into two of the upstairs bedrooms because there isn't a wall/roof on that side of the second floor. The part I do find strange is that neither occupied house was alerted to the fire by a smoke detector. I think I'll just go and check mine now...

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.