Pages

Monday, December 3

What a week

I've been pretty quiet here.  Tuesday I had a migraine and after that I've just been either too busy or too tired to think.  So here are the highlights...
  • Attended another film festival, The Blood in the Snow festival in Toronto
  • It was good, The Projection Room on Gerrard is a great space for a festival
  • The movies I saw were well done although not all were my taste.
  • At least I'm not frustrated with them like last week, I don't mind movies clearly done on a budget but I can't deal with stories that don't make sense.
  • Craft show season is wrapping up for Mom and it shows, she's tired.
  • Hell, I'm tired and I didn't sew all the stuff we've been selling.
  • Still lining things up for the next FET but I'm not in a rush now that I have figured out timing, Humira adds a lot of time to the pre-transfer time.
  • Soonest the transfer could be at this point is early February, friends are planning a group trip somewhere warm in late February.
  • I may as well put off the FET to March and drink my fair share on a beach somewhere rather than rushing it and worrying about things going wrong in Mexico or Cuba.
  • My girlfriends from university had their Christmas get together yesterday
  • It was fun, but again, I kind of had to take a few big breaths to squish down the discomfort before opening the door.
  • And today I'm overtired and broke my rule of no crying while driving on 400 series highways. 
  • And it's not like my friends have it easy.
    • One husband has just been declared in remission from testicular cancer (YAY!)
    • One son was diagnosed with cancer at 6 months, he's 7 now but still not completely in the clear and seems to end up with things like gallstones or kidney stones when his cancer is doing well so she spends a lot of time in various hospitals.
    • One friend had to go through IVF for her son and based on that experience, they won't have more kids (biologically at least).
    • Two have had multiple miscarriages after having their first child.
  • Still, I can't help but feel sad to see 12 kids at a party and none of them are mine.
  • It also showed me how much I've stopped talking to them when no one knew just how many pregnancies I've had.
  • Work is well, crazy just about sums it up.  I'll be happy when January is here from that perspective.
  • On the plus side, I started drafting up my performance review today and it's going to be okay.
  • I have barely had the energy to read blogs never mind sew.  Progress is slow on my Burda dress, that doesn't mean I'm not interested or frustrated, I'm just tired enough to make mistakes.
I'm going to hop in the bath and go to bed early.  Hopefully that will make tomorrow less painful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, migraines suck! I hope your head is managing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they do. I was a bit of a space cadet the days after. I made two wrong turns trying to drop off a project to a client. Two. Given that my last migraine was March, here's hoping I go another 9 months without one.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.