First, a messy shot. At this point I have the cups together, the back band and the skirt is attached. You can sadly also see the state of my sewing room.
And a natural light shot, doesn't it look blue? The colours are somewhere between the two, not as blue as this but more blue tones than pink as above. Without something to model this, it's hard to photograph, but I'll draw attention to a few aspects. The straps are in three parts. First the elastic across the top back/sides loops through a slider. Then a 3/8" tube of the skirt fabric. Then adjustable straps with strapping elastic. It's my first time doing adjustable straps (I don't really need them for me) and I think I made them too long in my fear of doing it too short, but all in all, I shouldn't have avoided adjustable straps for so long. It wasn't all that bad to figure out with my Bra Makers Manual by my side.
And a better picture of the cups/front. You can see a little clearer that the skirt comes around the cups but is open at the front. The underwire casing ended up going a little above the lace, but I kind of like how that looks anyhow.
I did make panties to match, two pairs in fact. One in the same lace as the cups and another in black lace. I do cheeky panties, a bit like these from Victoria's Secret. I don't seem to have pictures of the ones I made her, but I made a pair for myself (just to be sure I remembered, it's been a while) and cut out a second. I'll take pictures of the second for a mini-tutorial. They are seriously easy. Two seams and you're done.
I still feel like I'm paying for the lack of sleep. Mr Lina and I gave up on going for a hike because it looked like it was going to rain, opting instead for all you can eat mussels at our favourite Louisiana seafood place and came home to have a little wine. We both needed some down time tonight.