She is getting married (for a second time, her first husband was an ass but that's a different post) in January. I really like her fiance. You can see that he loves her and values her, he will continue to care for her in a way she probably hasn't experienced in a long time if ever (I'm including time with Mr. Lina in that, those were not happy years). We went to her first wedding, they came to our wedding, we're going to the wedding coming up. I did skip her shower, I wasn't interested in going and fortunately it was while we were in New Orleans so I didn't have to make up an excuse to not buy her a toaster she doesn't need. That said, I am going to her bachelorette party next weekend.
At the NYE party, sewing came up. Dave's girlfriend saw my Colette book under the tree and it turns out she sews. Next thing I know, we're all talking about sewing, things I've made, bras and... I'm taking measurements for making lingerie for Mr. Lina's ex. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to go that route, but part of me doesn't want to buy lingerie that likely won't fit her and I did buy some fabric with her in mind last time I was in Fabricland. Adding to this, we had a whole drunken (her more than me) heart to heart where she told me that she thinks of me as one of her close friends and how happy she is that we can be good friends. It left me at a bit of a loss for words. Net-net, I'm on the hook to make something for the 14th.
A few thoughts on what will suit her and things to consider in picking what to make:
- She has a curvy, pear shaped figure
- Similar bust measurements to me, but adjustments would need to be made to the hips
- She is not confident in her body, she would not feel good in something too revealing
- Her weight fluctuates a lot but even at her recent high points, based on pictures from 15 years ago, it's a whole lot less than what she was. Her weight is distributed differently than the tape measure alone implies and I think it's because some weight came off more easily than others. Fabric needs to float away from her body rather than cling to bumps.
- It needs to be simple, I don't have a lot of time to step out of my comfort zone for a practice run.
|Lekala 5241 - Red Slip|