Pages

Friday, September 21

Friday Ramblings

Time to sit down with some caffeine of some sort and put a few thoughts together...
  • Went to get that warm beverage and got swarmed with people.  Apparently my day is full of work now.
  • Running is going okay.  Mr. Lina has a faster gait than me which leaves me either pushing too hard or him wondering where I went.
  • We're going to get new shoes for me tonight because I don't think mine are doing me any favours.  They never really felt right for my feet.
  • Mr. Lina is doing quite well with the weight loss competition.  The people who are starving themselves are not losing weight anymore (surprise, surprise) and he is losing about 2-3lbs a week.  He's not in the lead but he's feeling good about it and that's important to me.
  • We had a guest with us this week.  A friend of the musician we'll be hosting next week was taking an art class in the area.  She was awesome and a good guest.
  • I spent a little time in my sewing room on Wednesday tidying it up.  I need a little more elbow room for it to be a productive space again.
  • I was showing our guest some fabric and the Sewaholic Alma and Cambie patterns, I think the two pieces of fabric I bought in Montreal will work for each pattern.
  • A-line Cambie in big black polka dots with a cream background?  The fabric is too heavy for all the gathering of the full skirt but I think it will be great in the A-line version.
  • With a black shirt underneath and black tights it would wear in winter well.
  • This weekend is about filming.  Tonight is set up and prep for filming tomorrow.
  • I'm in charge of "craft services" aka food for about 10 people.
  • I keep hearing it like "Kraft services" like all the food should be Cheeze Whiz, bbq sauce and Miracle Whip.
  • Hmm, I can't eat any of those products as they all contain mustard.  We'll have to stick to Jello, Philadelphia cream cheese and Kraft peanut butter.  ;)
  • I'm going to take my crochet with me this time so I can be quiet and productive.
  • Dinner (roast chicken) is going into a slow cooker so it can cook quietly too.
  • Hopefully they get it all done on Saturday.  After having a guest from Monday evening until this morning and sleeping over for filming tonight, I want to be home alone for a while on Sunday.  I need some snuggle time with Mr. Lina.
  • I hate 9am meetings.
  • I generally get to work somewhere between 8:50 and 9:20.  My employer is not too fussed as long as I arrive before 9:30 and get my work done.
  • Somehow, knowing I need to be there for 9 makes it that much harder to get there for 9.
  • Looks like I'm going to be doing some training in late October.  3 hours with a client that is not one of my regulars.  I'm looking forward to it.
  • I think I'd rather talk about what I do than do it.
Okay, speaking of work, time to actually do it.  Have a great weekend, folks.  What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.