Pages

Monday, September 22

Misplaced

Moving has this odd mix of packed and not packed.

You would think what I've packed are things I don't need.

I look around the house and wonder why I didn't pack certain things (although the answer to that might be that they should be pitched).

And yet...

  • Not sure where my secondary wallet is.  This sounds worse than it is.  When I switched my wallet to a new one, I left some less important things in the other wallet.  At the time, I was trying to cut back on buying fabric.  Guess where my Fabricland card is?
  • I packed both my blender and my hand blender.  Soup making will be chunky until December.
  • I packed the coffee bean grinder, I mean, the coffee maker has a grinder built in.  Then Mr. Lina went to make his fancy pork recipe that requires grinding annato seeds and asked where the coffee grinder was.  
  • He bought a new one.
  • I'd like to make some panties, my cheeky lace ones, but I packed those too.  Hence the need for the Fabricland card.
  • Mr. Lina gave me flowers and I had to put them in a plastic spaghetti container because the vases are all packed.
Sigh...

4 comments:

  1. I can absolutely relate. :-) Packing is a tricky balance of keeping track of the necessities you'll need in the interim and just tossing all your shit in a box because you are so over this already. ;-) How much longer before you move into the new place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was definitely at the "tossing all your shit in a box because you are so over this already" when ti was getting close to listing the house.

      The new house closes Nov 28th and our current house closes Dec 10th so we have some time to paint (probably just the master bedroom), plan where the furniture will go and move.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You've already started packing! :o I am a very last minute packer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so much that I've started packing, more that in decluttering to show the house, I had to pack a lot of things up and move them to the storage space we've rented. It just got a little more hard-core as the listing date approached. I wanted that to go as smooth as it could and the houses I've liked best didn't have 10 years of crap sitting around.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.