Pages

Tuesday, September 2

Happy...

Birthday to me!

Yep, it's that time of year again, another year has passed. Did you know I started kindergarten on my birthday?  I was so excited, school was going to be awesome.  How much better could a birthday be than starting school?  And then I was told you could bring in a bag of cookies on your birthday.  But it WAS my birthday and I didn't have ANY cookies.

Very disappointing.

It's okay, we evened things out by taking cookies on the last day of school which happened to be when my youngest brother was born.

Anyhoo... today is full of cookies for not-5-year-old me.  :)

  • My house is listing today, the sign should be in the yard when I get home.
  • It really does look good.  I'm quite pleased with our efforts.
  • We'll be going out for dinner tonight, my favorite seafood place, Lucy's
  • Hopefully people will be looking at the house while we're eating  :)
  • I am at work but you know, that just means more people get to say happy birthday to me
  • Although really, Facebook is kind of exploding with birthday wishes
  • I am having an "I look fabulous" kind of day.
Yay birthdays!

I will leave you with the short video that my team mate in Quebec sent me.  

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I always got jealous of everyone who had birthdays that fell during the school year, as the summer birthdays either got ignored or shoved into one big day at the end of the year. Good luck with viewings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The down side of a Labour Day weekend birthday - I moved (or packed, or unpacked) on my birthday every year of university. On the plus side, I hit the drinking age right when I started university.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! :-) Glad you are getting your home listed finally so that you can move into the next phase. Enjoy your date! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I most certainly will enjoy my date tonight. :D

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! What an auspicious day on which to list your house! And I like being at work on my bday. I tell EVERYONE and make them buy me coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've never quite understood why people minded being surrounded by others on their birthday. It's way more fun to celebrate with others.

      Delete
  4. It's your birthday today? Mine too!! Happy Birthday, Twin. I hope your house sells quickly and over your asking price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another birthday twin? That's awesome. I found out through Facebook that my husbands' cousin (also in Winnipeg) has the same birthday as us. And your office partner? It's a very good day to have a birthday. :) I hope your day was as good as mine.

      And thank you. The sign was in the lawn when I got home and it was a little surreal seeing it there.

      Delete
  5. Happy late birthday! Mine is Sunday---I think I started Kindergarten on mine as well, or at least close enough. And my mom was still in hospital from having my brother, whose birthday is the day after yours. Happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virgos unite! I hope you had a great birthday too. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.