Pages

Monday, June 10

All aboard!

My two rather adorable (in a microscopic sense) embryos are settling in my uterus.  The transfer went well, it's not a painful or even uncomfortable (well, beyond everyone in the room looking at your lady parts but I'm SOOOO far beyond caring about that).  The clinic was not busy and called to ask if we could come in early, they were going to be ready.  Very strange.  Most transfer cycles I'm left waiting because other time sensitive procedures get pushed ahead of me.  My embryos were continuing to expand after thawing so all looked well in that respect.

Only down side was my own doing.  I decided we didn't need the alarm going off quite as early as usual, a bit past 7 was early enough.  I woke up before the alarm went off (dreaming of my niece, it was a nice way to wake up), showered, got dressed, walked past a clock and saw....  6:35.  Went to another clock, it also said 6.  My alarm clock said 7.  I guess in changing the alarm time I changed the clock time too.  Oops.  Better too early than too late.

Next steps are just to sit tight today and tomorrow and let Mr. Lina pamper me.  I return to work on Wednesday.  Thursday I go in to get my progesterone levels checked.  The 19th we get to find out if things stuck.  Which, of course, they will.

Seriously this is the best part.  I know I have two well developed embryos in me.  Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

9 comments:

  1. Wishing and hoping very hard that this time you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still wishing and hoping and wishing and hoping and wishing and hoping for you

      Delete
  2. Woo hoo! So happy for you! I've been a little bit MIA lately, so what fun to catch up to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've picked a good time indeed! I'm glad to hear from you. :)

      Delete
  3. This is an exciting time. Giving you all kinds of good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super excited! Does this mean you are having twins or do you not know just yet? Either way any excuse to have the man pamper you is a good one in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means maybe. I won't be considered pregnant until the embryos actually attach to the lining of my uterus. And yes, this does come with a higher risk of twins. I've transfered 22 embryos at this point, none have made it to the 6 week ultrasound. Twins are the least of my worries.

      Delete
    2. And yes, nothing wrong with a little pampering! :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.