So let's break down the good and bad...
- Love the feel of wearing it
- Love the length on me
- Love the loose around the belly but don't look pregnant
- Love that as 100% polyester, I really can't kill it in the laundry
- Love how it looks with this stretch corduroy jacket
- (wasn't my MIL spot on with buying me that jacket?)
- The flutter sleeves worked out well, if I'm too hot at work it's appropriate alone
- I like the ruffle at the neckline instead of bias tape
- Armhole is high enough to cover my bra but not uncomfortable for movement
- The bust darts are miles apart, one is about where it should be and the other is too high on a bad angle
- The hem is twisted a little, not noticeable to anyone but the grain of the fabric is diagonal in spots
- I think I did cheaters French seams (good call because this frays like crazy) but I didn't do a great job of trimming so there are spots where there are tiny threads poking through, again, I know what they are from but they aren't noticeable
Okay, and speaking of December vs February... I am all for mild winters. I am okay with not shovelling snow although I do miss snow shoeing. I get that green Christmas is pretty common for this part of Canada. But my crocuses have decided it is spring. My lilac bush has some green buds. They are going to be seriously disappointed if February decides that winter really does exist and slaps them with a foot of snow.
Debra Lyn Neufeld is presently at my house, hanging out with Mr. Lina. Time to get my own show on the road and head home...