Pages

Tuesday, December 20

A reminder to myself

We had a super quiet weekend planned.  I stayed in on Friday night, Saturday I did some work from home, ran a couple of errands with Mr. Lina and stayed in.  Sunday we went to have lunch with friends and I had another migraine.  So back home for a nap and a fuzzy day yesterday.  It's been so long since I've had migraines, I kinda forgot how much it sucks.

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I have made headway on my tea towels.  The green set are done, the blue set have the image traced out and I'm about a third of the way through one of them.  Still picking out images for the red set, but I think I'm going to take Lazysubcultural Girl's idea of tea themed.  My SIL really does like tea, so it would be fitting.  It's that or some travel themed images.  I'm trying to use images out of the book I was given for my birthday, but the better tea themed images are for cross stitch.  I know I could adapt it, just not quite sure yet that I want to.

Tonight is our bowling Christmas party.  We play two games, usually Bingo as a team and then something in partners.  Potluck food, a few prizes for the games and it's a fun night that wraps up a little earlier than usual (which is good, I have embroidery to do).  Bingo is a bit of a misnomer, we use the bingo form but fill it with bowling counts, like right corner, aces, head pin, 12, 8, 4, strike, left corner spare...  etc.  The team circles through throwing lane courtesy to the wind and the fastest team to fill the card wins.  People get mighty pissed when the pins get tangled (this happens with string pins from time to time).  I am taking chili rolls as I have for the past 7 years.  It's a Company's Coming recipe, from the hard cover Easy Entertaining book.  The second year I wrote antijitos figuring that made more sense than chili rolls and was hunted down to ask why I wasn't bringing the chili rolls again.  So I stick with what they like. 

This is a little different from the book because it's off the top of my head...
1 package of cream cheese (take it out to soften, or use the spreadable kind)
1 can of chopped green chilies (they are small, not sure how many oz but it's in with the salsa)
a little onion powder
I have chives in my kitchen so I chop up a few, I think the recipe calls for green onion
a tablespoon or so of mayo, just to make it spread easier
tsp - tbsp sambal oelek (chili paste) if you want to kick up the heat, know your audience (this is my addition)
large soft tortillas, about 6-8

I use my mixer to mix everything together, you can use a spatula if you're starting with the spreadable cream cheese instead of the brick.  Spread some over the tortilla, put more at the end where you start the roll and none at the edge you are rolling to - it will spread.  Roll it up, wrap it in saran wrap and let it chill for the best flavour.  I do this the night before pot lucks then slice diagonally the day of. 

Prior to bowling I'm going to see my therapist.  Just me tonight.  I wanted to see her again before Christmas and Tuesday worked for both her and I but Mr. Lina is at curling.  So I'm going alone.  I've been spending the whole time talking anyhow.  I will say I'm feeling better.  Not great, I still have lots of negative feelings at work, but I haven't just cried for no reason in a while. 

Speaking of work, I have a new laptop.  The old one took forever to shut down and start up, it wasn't up to making 3' by 4' maps.  The mapping project was the push for me to get a new computer.  So it's chugging along great, I'm having a good morning, but now I need to connect to the office from my client site and it won't.  It really doesn't matter how well the computer works if I can't get at the network that I need to when I need to.  Harumph.  So, a quick post before the frustration gets to me. 

This post serves as a reminder to myself.  Things are okay:
  • My head does not hurt
  • There isn't an aura blocking my vision
  • My Christmas presents are nearly all purchased
  • The tea towels are coming along and I'm finding the work soothing
  • I haven't cried in a few days
  • My chili rolls rock
  • I can eat the pulled pork this year, last year I didn't know the people who brought it well enough for the Spanish Inquisition of allergies, turns out it's Doctor Pepper and ketchup.  I can eat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.