Pages

Wednesday, August 21

Another Sign of Summer Ending

Today is my 9th anniversary.  9 years ago, we looked like this:


It was a wonderful day.  One of the warmer days in a fairly cool summer, but not so hot to be uncomfortable.  All of my outdoor pictures have someone squinting from the sun.  I was so excited, it was all I could do to not jump.  I think I was while I waited in the vestry.  Time is such a strange thing.  It feels like it wasn't that long ago we got married but I feel like I've had his last name for longer than 9 years.  On the crazy roller coaster I've been on, there is no one else I'd rather have holding my hand.

Yesterday when I was about to leave work, my youngest brother started up a conversation with me.  I like writing and by extension chatting.  You get time to think about your reply but the speed lacking in email where you can immediately clarify when the intended tone is not understood.  We chatted for about 2 hours.  I think security were the only other people left in the building when I went home, but it was worth staying.  My brother and SIL know I'm not going to take news like that overly well and no, they were not so wrapped up in their baby bliss to not notice the lack of response and change of subject.  And I had time to explain to him that I don't like being told in person, that I'd rather have an email where I can compose myself privately before replying.  It's not his job to manage my feelings, nor my job to manage his.  But I do appreciate the time to manage my feelings without an audience.  Net-net, all is good between us and I feel good today.

5 comments:

  1. that's great you had a good follow up with him! yay for healthy communication that works for everyone involved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was nice to get a little wrap up on that.

      Delete
  2. Aw! Congratulations on your anniversary! It's funny how we start to forget life before marriage isn't it?

    Glad you could have that conversation with your brother and got things straightened out with a minimum of fuss. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I was wrong about them not noticing, but I am glad you were able to talk it out. Pleased to hear you are feeling good. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. And I agree for me email is a better medium to pass on news because I need to process and think before I speak.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.