Pages

Friday, May 22

Found 'em

So...  I might have found my kids.

We might have kids before July.

My heart is exploding and I can't sit still.

Many, many, many things will be happening over the next 6 weeks.

  • Assembling a book about us to "sell" us to the kids
  • Visits with the kids in their current home
  • A weekend respite visit for their current foster family
  • Our last training session
  • Meetings with their therapist
  • Hearing the results of psychological assessments that have recently been completed
  • A whole lot of child bedroom furniture being assembled (keep in mind, we're starting from scratch not knowing how old the kids would be)
It all feels so right and terrifying at the same time.

I'm going to be a mom.

I'm going to have daughters.

I don't have the words, I really don't.

7 comments:

  1. What a mindblowing prospect - not one but two children all at once?! Are they twins? Can't wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did skip over a few details, eh? I'm hesitant how much to share online but they are sisters, 4 and 12.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Congratulations. Enjoy the amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many hugs,Sera! Congratulations and my best wishes for a happy family soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel every one of those hugs!

      Delete
  4. I've already told you congrats once, but now it sounds more likely, so I'm going to say it again. ;-) CONGRATULATIONS!!! And yes, I'm totally shouting, and I don't even care. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you have. I can hear that shouting, and I don't care either. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.