I think I've started 4 posts in the past 5 weeks. We'll see if this one sticks. Maybe we'll go the easy route with a list...
- Move went well, it was a good call to hire packers and movers.
- My in laws arrived, helped and left, our relationship is still good and the weather stripping, locks and various other aspects of the house benefited from their visit
- The house is feeling like home. I looked at a 401 West - London sign and my first thought was "home is that way" (not that I live in London but it's the next biggest city in that direction).
- I am still getting used to my new commute, I knew it would suck prior to moving and I was right. It took nearly 2 hours to get into work today, this isn't going to last forever.
- Christmas was a little hectic and felt last minute but okay
- My SIL was a bit of a saviour, I "went in" on a lot of group presents which saved me some shopping and what shopping I did have to do was done in one night the Monday prior to Christmas
- We got roped into hosting a New Years Eve party, a Manitoba friend has moved to Montreal in the fall and he wanted to ring in the new year with us so a party was had
- Mr. Lina went a little crazy with moving, holidays, two colds and work, layer upon layer of crap to the point he really couldn't be flexible with any change, but I think he is returning to normal
- I miss Lazy Subcultural Girl, she once said that she and her husband had a deal that only one person was allowed up the crazy tree at a time.
- I spent December at the base of the crazy tree looking up.
- Christmas celebrations had lots of babies, my 2.5 year old neice, my two 8 month old nephews and my cousin is a dad, his son was 5 weeks at Christmas and slept pretty much the whole time (as you would expect) - next year will be crazy when those babies are all running.
- My niece likes me, deals were required to get her to stop playing and take some family pictures and part of the deal was sitting in my lap. Best Christmas present by far.
- Her brother only has eyes for his mom and my dad, Papa is a-okay fine by him, the rest of us are suspicious and not to be trusted.
- I feel sad today and an odd mix of lonely and antisocial. Probably a mix of not having team members here and 2 hours alone in the car driving in.
That about sums up December I suppose. On with January!
January 2nd I got a call from Children's Aid, we have our first appointment with a social worker this Friday. I'm thrilled and nervous all at the same time. It's just an hour to meet and review our application and discuss our preferences for adoption, but it's a big first step. I was kind of thinking that in January I'd call and just see where we were in their priority list... and now I don't have to.
Wasn't that sneaky of me leaving the best for last? And look at that I'm going to hit publish...