- My in laws have decided to help us with the move. While I appreciate the help and love them dearly, I'm not sure it's a good thing for them to be around me while I'm feeling my most flustered and least able to answer questions.
- They arrive at noon on moving day so my parents are going to pick them up. Somehow this makes both sets of parents feel useful while they go for lunch.
- I'm not going to be able to find anything for quite some time because they aren't helping us move so much as they are helping us unpack. So I'm not going to know what's in most boxes because someone else packed it and I'm not going to know where anything went because my in laws emptied them.
- It's just stuff, right?
- And we did pack the "fun drawer" already so I shouldn't end up with too many embarrassing moments.
- Gosh I miss sewing. I have this mostly empty sewing room and a few boxes of fabric, but it's not really a good use of my time to sew.
- That said, I made an exceedingly short elastic waist band circle skirt (say short enough for at home with Mr. Lina and select night time locations with opaque tights).
- Probably the least amount of effort you can put into a skirt (circle, elastic, rolled hem foot for the hem). I didn't even measure the waist so the circle ended up too big to fit into the elastic and required a few pleats. That said, I've worn it to see Peter Hook & the Light (bass player for Joy Division and New Order) and a few date nights. Good for dates, not so good for wind tunnels.
- I've also attached buttons to a few shirts, mending that has sat for a while is just getting done.
- Isn't it always the way that we want to do what we shouldn't be doing?
So Friday we pick up the keys. Saturday and Sunday we'll paint two rooms and move a few things ourselves (essentials, alcohol, plants, instruments, camera equipment etc). Monday I have to give a half day training session for a client in their office (which is closer to my new house but still a 40 minute drive) and then I'm off Tues-Thurs for the packing/moving/unpacking extravaganza. I figure by Friday I'll be ready to leave the insanity for a day and go to work. Eeep!