I did do a fair bit of sewing late in the summer, but I did not do a good job of getting pictures as proof. So today I seem to be awake (there has been a lack of sleep the past week) and posting at home where I can draw from all the pictures Mr. Lina took. He's a much better photographer than I am.
I worked on quite a few of Colette Sorbettos. It seems when I tweak things it didn't quite make it better, just different. This one is from rayon. I made a Sencha blouse from this fabric before and while the colours make me happy, it didn't work well with the buttons/snappers I used. It really wasn't heavy enough to support them. Sorbetto is a better match, but I could have given myself a little more room at the high bust area.
This was taking in July, when our hops plant was growing like crazy. We ended up with enough hops for a full batch of beer, it turned out quite well.
And the sleeves? I put the shirt on, pinned where I wanted them to start and stop and the top of my shoulder. I took those measurements and made a moon sort of shape, but with a straight line where it was going to connect with the arm. Marking the shoulder point worked well because I did need more coverage to the back than the front but I managed to sew one on the correct way and the other on backwards. Oops. I notice it, but it's a matter of millimetres so I don't think it's noticeable to others.
I bought this fabric last summer. The day I was shopping I was wearing these red capris that I like but struggle to wear. The fabric really seemed to be the "right red" so I bought it. In trying to "fix" the arm/high bust tightness, I seem to have gone the other way and if I move the right way you can see a little bra. Things I like about this... as 100% cotton, it's comfortable but has more structure than the rayon, standing away from me a little which is nice when it's hot. I was too impatient to finish to go buy new bias tape so I used white (the background is a yellow/cream colour but there is white in it). I'm not sure that was the best choice.
I like wearing it, but it's still far from perfect. It generally has enough room in the bust, but looking at pictures from Summerfolk where I'm sitting down, maybe not...
I made a third and I don't have pictures of it, not sure I will. It's sheer, but in trying to make the arm hole smaller, I went too far. It's just annoying to wear and I think there is already a thread pull in it. Pout.
Well, time for me to rustle up some breakfast for us. I will say it's been fun going through pictures from this summer, it's like feeling sunshine again.